Tuesday 25 August 2009

Random bordom from an airport

Ok, I have now run out of things to do. I'm sitting in JFK in New York, and its 9pm, and I have to wait til 7:55am tomorrow before my flight leaves. So I decided that I'd wirte another blog, because I haven't been able to while I've been at camp. Cause the internet is terrible, and I didn't have enough time to go on it anyway.

Ok firstly, I'm realising that typing on a computer is actually really weird, cause I haven't written more than 4 sentences in a row for ages. and the keyboard on this netbook is absolutely tiny, so I keep having to re-type my spelling mistakes all the time :( :(

Ok, so I've been here for like... 4 hours already, and I spent the first 1/2 hour training from terminal 1, to 2+3, to 4 to find a decent terminal, cause JFK is literally the worst airport I've had to step foot in before. Terminal 2+3 practically doesn't even exist, its just a line of delta checkins that you can't even get to because its so crowded. no shops, no bars no nothing. just lots of angry people.

terminal 4 isn't too badactually, apart from he fact there is no free wireless, so I've had to sign up for a $9.95 monthly subscription to boingo. which I really don't need, but I already worked out how to cancel it, and I shall be doing that shortly befoer I leave the states.

So I found a WiFi hotspot outside the McDonalds (surprise surprise) so I have to sit a smell the stink that is 599 cattle burning on a metal plate 5 metres away from me,but it's ok cause I have face book at least :>) Anyway, this indian family moved off of (what looked like) the set of comfy couches placed in the middle of the walkway, so I decided to go and plank myself on them, but guess what. instead of being made of foam, or comfy cushions... it is in fact made of HARD-PLASTIC. and is literally the most uncomfortable seat I have ever sat on in my life. and now all the other chairs are taken by other indian families (I don't know why everyone is from india here... I hope I have the right airport!)I have to suffer on this chair-of-death until my back snaps in half.

Aside from the terrible seating... the food is stupicly priced... and I mean stupid... $7 for a SLICE of pizza... :( and there aren't any showers (unlike any other major airport in the world) you can't check your bag in early (gay) and there doesn't appear to be anywhere that one can take a short nap on the floor. so overall I give it 3/10.

I am however very excited about my flight tomorrow, because I get to see a part of the US that I don't think many people see, and as I'm with REAL americans (unlike those fake ones from hick-town usa aka. PORT JERVIS) I should get a well-rounded experience of what the real america is like, other than the usual LA, NY, and Florida crap that everyone and his dog has been to,

OMG, there is like some old indian woman with a ACTUAL WIND UP CAMERA taking weird photos of the terminal roof. she is strange, I might be best to stay away from her. ok she's taken 4 photos of the roof now. bit weird...

At this point I would like to thank Matt for his nalgene which is becoming ever-more useful, Meg for entertaining me on the phone, and Becky who is making me feel a tad better about myself as she is stuck on a shitty old bus driving to atlanta. hahahahaha told you so mate! :D

speak soon.

and btw I congratulate anybody who just read all this bollocks. you really must be as bored as me! :)

love x

No comments:

Post a Comment